COVID-19 COMMUNITY RESOURCES
During public health crises like the COVID-19 outbreak, our working families and individuals who struggle to make ends meet on a daily basis are impacted even more. Schools are closed which reduces immediate access to meals. Senior meal sites have shut down. Hourly wages are scaled back. This page is designed to help families and individuals impacted by COVID-19.
These are undoubtedly unprecedented times for all, but Prosperity Broward is committed to working with our partners and connecting residents to available resources.
If you have any questions or want to share information, contact us at [email protected]
Below we've outline helpful resources from various organizations. Information is changing often, and updates will be made here daily. Also, please follow us on Facebook and Instagram for latest updates.
- Centers for Disease Control + Prevention (CDC) https://cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov
- Florida Department of Health (DOH) https://floridahealthcovid19.gov
- World Health Organization (WHO) https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/6201
If you need help
- 211 Broward - Dial 211 or Visit http://211-broward.org/covid-19-updates
- Free meals for Kids and Teens https://summerbreakspot.freshfromflorida.com/
- Find Food Help https://feedingsouthflorida.org/covid19/
- Families Needing Internet Access Comcast has expanded its Internet Essentials program, which offers free internet services for eligible families for 60 days.
- Resources for the Elderly If you are 60 or older and currently experiencing a food shortage, you can call the Elder Helpline at 954.745.9779 for assistance or visit the link below for additional resources.
- Unemployment Claims/Benefits: (800) 204-2418 or visit https://floridajobs.org
- Job Search: www.employflorida.com https://employflorida.com
- CareerSource Broward Updates https://careersourcebroward.com/coronaviru
- Need work right now? - Companies hiring Grocers, home delivery services, cleaning companies, medical supply, medical manufacturing, and life science testing labs, work-from-home technology companies, and other types of businesses are experiencing a surge in demand and many are seeking more staff. Click the below link for a listing of companies hiring
- Reemployment Assistance Have you been impacted by efforts to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in the state of Florida? File your Reemployment Assistance Claim through CONNECT, Florida’s online Reemployment Assistance System.
Broward County Public Schools
- Broward County Public Schools Updates BCPS provides important resources regarding coronavirus, food distribution sites and information regarding keeping children healthy.
- BCPS Child Care Assistance Child Care Assistance for First Responders, Medical Personnel and Essential BCPS Employees
Small Business Resources
- US Small Business Administration https://www.sba.gov/
- U.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Assistance https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/disaster-assistance
- FloridaDisaster.biz: Business Damage Assessment Survey https://floridadisaster.biz/BusinessDamageAssessments
- Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan https://floridadisasterloan.org/
Free Drive Thru Testing Sites
- Pompano Beach Testing Center Broward Health has set up a mobile testing unit in Pompano Beach. Call 954-320-5730 to make an appointment.
- Cleveland Clinic Testing Center By appointment only. Call Cleveland Clinic’s 24/7 COVID-19 hotline for more information at 855.697.3750.
- C.B. Smith Park (Florida National Guard partnering with Memorial Healthcare System) Address: 900 N. Flamingo Rd., Pembroke Pines. Testing Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Pembroke Pines police say you can call 954-276-4680 in advance to pre-register for a screening.